For the Greek salad:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- ⅓ cup pepperoncini or mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Gyros:
- 1 pack Impossible™ Foods Impossible Burger
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pita breads, for serving
- Tzatziki sauce, for serving
- Fresh dill and/or parsley, roughly chopped, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- For the Greek salad: In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion, olives, and feta. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Toss dressing with salad and set aside.
- For the gyros: Place Impossible™ Foods Impossible Burger into a medium bowl and season with salt, oregano, thyme, and garlic powder. Mix and divide mixture into 8 oval-shaped patties. Heat grill or grill pan on medium-high heat and brush with oil. Cook patties until both sides are brown and slightly crispy, about 2 minutes per side.
- To serve: Warm pita bread and assemble gyros starting with a layer of Greek salad, the patties, a spoonful of tzatziki, and finish with dill or parsley. Serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!